During September we have been quite busy behind the scene working on improving the function of Site Private in Sherm and making other minor improvements. For those businesses that have more that one site and are looking at restricting information to be Site Specific for users, then please see attached file for further information. Other notes are provided below.
Also, we have had 2 new clients come on board during September.
BIG WELCOME to > Halyard Health Australia Pty Ltd and > Quicklift Crane Hire.
Halyard Health Australia is an entity of Kimberley-Clarke Australia and there are many exciting changes going on in their business. Safety for Life is working closely with the team at Lytton in the development of their management system for implementation in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia-Pacific regions.
Quicklift is a Crane Hire company based in Shepparton, Victoria. They have grown considerably and have established themselves as reputable, progressive and innovative suppliers of lifting equipment in Victoria.
This function is fairly detailed and should you have only 1 site registered in Sherm, then it is of no concern. If you have more that one site and want to continue with the sharing of information across Sites, then again you will not be required to make any changes.
For those to whom Site Private is relevant, please see attached file that provides you with details about function, and certainly for support please contact me directly so I can work with you to ensure implementation of this feature is set correctly for the User Roles currently set up in your application.
We now have two clients who operate their business internationally.
Countries recently included are:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
The use of Country is applied in Manage Employee, Site Master.
Safe Work Method Statements
Improvement applied here is the ability to Search: Job Task Name. This filter was not working as it should have been and has not been fixed.
Manage Employee > Print action button
We had a little bug in the system that prevented the display of Training Names in the Print Report.
This has now been fixed.
October Development Work
- Ability to Export Data fields: this will enable us to extract data tables, should our clients require this. This is being developed as a service to clients.
- Changing Date Set: currently we have applied restrictions in certain modules so that a scheduler of an activity can set from current date. This applies when Scheduling Training, Scheduling CATs, Scheduling Audits, Scheduling Inspections and Scheduling Meetings. The change will allow you to set from current date.
- Tech Support: The Tech Support page, when user clicks on Submit holds the page active. User does not see that the support ticket is lodged. Certainly the support ticket comes in with all relevant data, so we will fix the page so that is closes. Another little bugger to tend with!
- Reports > Corrective Actions: Within the Reports Module for Corrective Actions, we are Filters for: Department and Responsible Person. This will assist those with Manage Rights to run reports and break it down to relevant areas and people to monitor and provide reports to persons who need that friendly reminder to ‘get stuff done’.
- Registers > Contractors and Reports > Contractors: Inclusion of Country Search Filter for both these areas. Default will be Australia.
- Issues Management: We are removing the mandatory requirements for Inherent Risk assessment to be completed for the Corrective Actions tab to be displayed. It has been identified that not all Issues require the mandatory assessment of risk. Also, a Search Filter for Status will be included.
- Reports > Training Needs Analysis: Currently our report mixes Employees and Others. We are looking at producing a more effective way to display this data.
During a recent visit to Pacific Tug (Aust) the team had some feedback on current functionality so ideally we will be able to implement this also during our next planned release to production. Currently this is looking like mid-late October.
Should you have any other feedback regarding improvements on existing functionality or new features, please forward these through to me.
Enjoy the coming week and should you need support on any of the above, please schedule in a time with me so we can work through together.
Thanks again to everyone for their contribution. Very much appreciated.