Sorry for the late update, but I was waiting on a couple of improvements to be pushed to development before sending the update.
So here is what has been going on behind the scenes.
People > User Management > Assign Notification Rights
Additional modules for Plant and Chemicals has been added.
You can now select people to receive the reminder notifications based upon sites.
This new function is of particular benefit to clients with multiple sites and the assigning of responsibility to individuals at a site, or to manage from an alternative site.
The functionality also applies to our existing Modules: Incident, Hazard, Issues, Injury and Contractors.
Currently with your set-up, there will be no site/s displaying, as per screenshot below so when no Sites are selected against a person, then they will receive notifications for ALL Sites.
Now here, I have updated the Incident notification so that Caroline is notified of the Maryborough and Brisbane site and the Test manager is notified of the Wynnum and Sydney Site.
- Review and update each of the Modules specifically Chemicals and Plant and add who is to receive notifications for your various sites.
- If a Site is not selected, then the user selected will receive notifications for all sites, irrespective if site is Private or not (as per first screenshot)
Incident Management – Equipment Links to Plant Register
When a piece of company owned equipment is involved in an incident, within Incident Management > Equipment the user can pull the data from the Register > Plant. To enable this,
- Plant Register has to be up to date with Site, Plant Type as mandatory fields.
- Once these are selected a listing will display in Plant Equipment for selection.
- All mandatory fields are completed EXCEPT Last Service/inspection Date as some items of equipment are inspected prior to use as per example below.
Once the record is saved, the data will display in the Equipment Tab.
Report > Registers > Chemicals
A new Report has been added to enable the review of Chemical Risk Assessments that have Expired.
In Sherm, code is set so that Chemical Risk Assessments are to be reviewed every 12 months.
Select the prior period for review as shown below. This data can then be exported to PDF.
Planning > Meetings
The following function has been included to provide more flexibility for users:
- System Admin has the Action CA button and can close out actions for non-attendees who have been assigned actions
- Any person assigned an action (irrespective if they are an attendee of the meeting or not) has access to the action item to enable them to close out their assigned action/s
- Action can be deleted by System Admin or the Scheduler of the Meeting
- The System Admin and the Organiser / scheduler of the meeting
- Added the changes for Manage Attendance so that only admin and organizer can have the rights to add it.
- Manage Risk > Injury Management: enable the export to pdf and excel
- Incident Print Report – “incident” double up in Details leading up to incident has been fixed. Thanks Tan!
- Reports > Issues and Manage Risk > Issues ManagementFilter added for Status: Open/closed
Workplace inspections Management
- When an inspection has been scheduled and the “Reschedule” button has checked “Yes” then the rescheduled inspection will display 5 days prior to the next due date.
What’s Up Next
- Export Employees to Excel to include any additional Defined Field that you have included e.g. Q-Fever Reg No., Student ID, Passport etc.. – Foxy
- For scheduled meetings, ability to export the meeting details along with actions and their status – BJ
- Meetings – when meeting date is updated, so should the calendar event
- Training Register – the last user is not displaying in Safari or Chrome
- Investigation notification from Dashboard Message – Foxy
- Ability to make certain incidents private due to confidential nature of report – Lyndons
New Sherm Client: Anmar Group has signed up to Sherm for a 3 year agreement! Anmar design, manufacture and install kitchens and they look great!
Busselton Jetty in WA are resigning to Sherm for 3 years! BJ have appointed Orlando as the WHS Manager who is also referring Sherm to other organisations such as City of Busselton and the Margarette River City Council. If you know of other businesses who would benefit from Sherm, then please send them my way!
Aintree Contracting are in the process of recertification to ISO9001:2015 and AS/NZS4801:2001 – so I’m off to Tassie Monday back Thursday.
A Sherm assessment of Lochness Landscaping WA was conducted last week and the business is making plans for improvement. If you want an assessment of your Sherm site then please book in with me.
Additionally I have a few new projects on the fly looking at the integration of management systems for 3 clients, 2 of which are in the food industry with the goal of attaining certification and the other is in the agriculture industry. I’m looking forward to delving into these projects along with setting up our new client.
I also plan to do some updating on the *safetyforlife website and I would like to do a Case Study on all Sherm Clients.
Please advise me if you do not want to be published on the *safetyforlife website.
Each of the Case Studies listed on the website will have an inbound link to your sites.
Lastly, I would like to ask for your feedback by providing a Google Review if you have not already done so. And for those of you who have… Thank you 😊
Just click here to go to the Google Review page.
Again, I’m very grateful for your feedback that enables ongoing development in Sherm!
It’s a pleasure doing business with you all.
Please ensure you communicate relevant information to your staff.
Have a great week!
Director / Principal Consultant